What are they?
Site Title – in most cases it will be your company or trading name, or the name of your website.
Tagline – short description of your business or website.
Site title and tagline within WordPress
Site title and tagline can be entered under Appearance > Customise, then select Site Title and Tagline
The utilisation of the information depends entirely on your theme. Mostly they will be used within the header and displayed but not all themes do use them.
What are they always used for?
Is there a point in entering Site Title & Tagline when my theme doesn’t display them? YES YES YES! They are very important and need to be entered ALWAYS.
They are used in the following – not necessarily “visible” ways:
1. SEO – Site title and tagline are indexed by search engines
2. Display of website information in searches
3. Display of website information in browser
Adding an image in WordPress is extremely easy. This article describes adding an image in WP v4.1.
1. Within your editing window, point to where you’d like to place your image.
2. Click Add Media in top left corner, just above the editing window.
3. Media Library opens.
4. You have two options here.
a) you can drag and drop images directly from your file explorer window whether you have the Media Library or Upload Files selected
b) click the Upload Files tab, then click on Select Files; file explorer window opens, you select your files and click Open. As with (almost) anything, you can Ctrl-click multiple files and add them to your Library at the same time.
5. Click on the selected image and fill in the necessary fields. The most important is Alt Text, which should include a short description of the image.
Click Insert into Post
And you are done. We’ll look at using different sizes of images and linking in another post.